Yay Portland! As much as with any city there are things that you love about it and things that you wish could be different, Portland has several things that make it really great.
I am always looking for cleaner sources of food and ways to get things locally. I love the idea of being able to take Maya to get groceries (or better yet grow our own!) and today I found out about a Chicken Co-op!
It works like a CSA except you pay a$5-$10 a month and work once a week or so. I am pretty excited about the concept and can't wait to show Maya where eggs come from!! (Not from the cold food section at the grocery store!)
While I was looking around online, I found a great website called www.treehugger.com that has tons of up-to-date information on sustainable living and new stuff out there. It is possible to live sustainably and not break the bank. You just have to get creative and get off your butt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment