Friday, April 4, 2008

Our Family




This is my first girl. I remember bringing her home. She wimpered the whole way while I held her on my lap. I felt so bad that she was so sad and scared. She adjusted very quickly and soon ran the house. Then came her brother- Tank (see right). What a shock for her. He is the epitomy of the little punk brother. Tank is our "problem child" and has taught me more about patience than being married has. Then came Maya. Wow, another blow. Now she is learning that tolerating the newest member of our family gets her lots of praise and treats so she is slowly adjusting. She will now let Maya hug her face (more like lay on it!) and even tolerates Maya's "butt hugs". Maya comes up behind them and tries to give them a big hug, or lay on them. Tank wants nothing to do with it, Kala is tolerating.
The dogs are actually making out pretty good from the addition of the baby. We are much better at making sure that they get runs and lots of love. It took me a while, but I finally got the stroller, the dogs and me out for a run. I was so worried about them and the stroller, especially Tank because he is so skittish, but they do so great!! I think it was because we had run together so much before Maya, that they just fell into line.
My goal is to be able to feed them a raw food diet. Kala is headed towards arthritis and Tank is pretty skittish and hyper. I have read it can help for both things. Does anyone have any input?

No comments: