Thursday, April 3, 2008

One more way to reduce waste

I hate wasting things. I think that is why I hate to throw stuff away. Because it makes me feel wasteful (and you never know if you are going to need something some day!!). Both of my parents are big "use everything" people. When I was growing up and we would go out to a restaurant -a rare occasion- you would always eat everything, it was wasteful if you didn't. I still have a hard time not making sure that I eat everything, I always take the leftovers, even if I know I won't eat them. Don't worry, I am in therapy for it.

Even so, when we started with cloth diapers, I didn't plan on making my own wipes. But then we kept throwing them away, and having to buy more, and I couldn't take it. So I looked up a recipe for wipes and went for it. Wow, how great is that!! It is so easy, and all but one of the ingredients I had at home.

Here is the recipe that I use:
2 cups water
2 Tbsp olive oil, apricot oil, jojoba oil, almond oil or any oil of your choice for that matter
2 Tbsp white vinegar
6 drops tea tree oil
6 drops lavander oil
4 drops grapefruit seed extract (optional)

mix that all up, soak and squeeze wipes and you are ready to go!

No comments: